SAT in low bass

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Wed, 14 May 1997 11:54:18 -0500

Warren, maybe you can tell me if using the MSR button on the SAT while
striking the questionable note would tell me where the string is.  There
must be some way to find the correct harmonic.  I use aural checks, true,
but I'm trying to learn some more of the intricacies of the SAT that would,
perhaps, help others as well.  If the B0 were in unison with the D1 and I
hit the MSR button while striking  B0, what message would I receive?  What
would the SAT read?  I don't want to try to attempt an actual case on my
own piano because I'm afraid the string would break, although it didn't on
the spinet in question; but I'll bet it was close.

Ted Simmons