SAT in low bass

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Wed, 14 May 1997 13:02:34 -0700

Ted Simmons wrote:

> Warren, maybe you can tell me if using the MSR button on the SAT while
> striking the questionable note would tell me where the string is.

Ted,

I tried that, but you can't go below C1 in tune mode.  Then I tried
setting the SAT  at B1 and pressed MSR and got a reading of -101.1 which
would be about right considering stretch (this was a studio). There is
no reason you could't use that check on each of the notes down there.  I
never did get a pattern, just held the button down and counted to ten.
I did it twice and it only changed 3 cents.

You can also use the old Sight-O-Tuner procedure, using B1 as a
reference and setting the tuner an octave and a fifth above that, F#3.
Play B1, stop the lights, without changing anything tune B0. Step down
to A#1, and so on.

Good Luck.

Warren
--