Confession time

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Wed, 14 May 1997 13:47:46 -0500

Jim and List,

>ps, It has been my experience that the better the performer, without regard
>to the instrument, the easier they are to work for and with.  Has anyone else
>noticed, or experienced, this ?

Yes, I agree.  Just finished working with André Watts on a series of 2
rehearsals and 4 concerts.  He asked me to touch up the voicing a
little.  He particularly noticed the Bb's and F's getting a little
strong.  Since he was pounding out the Tschaikovsky #1 in Bb minor, I
wonder why those notes were affected? =:)  Just before the next concert,
I told him I had accomplished what he requested.  He got this gleam in
his eye and gave a slight smile.  "Well, then, I guess it's up to just
me now, hmmmmm?"
A real gentleman to work with and a fabulous musician, too.

Joel Rappaport
Round Rock, Texas