Confession time

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Wed, 14 May 1997 13:34:53 -0700

The Spokane Symphony had André Watts earlier this year as a guest artist.
The notable thing he did here was bring the Symphony management back to
earth in regard to our relatively new D.  So far it has been a truly
exceptional piano.  However, as we all know, it still needs maintenence.
André was the only artist this year that did anything less than rave about
the piano.  He made a couple of suggestions and told us "do not become
complacent about your piano."  This horrified the management, but I thanked
him for saying this since it helps me bring the management to a more
realistic attitude about the intstrument.

Mark Story, RPT
Eastern Washington University
mstory@ewu.edu