Schafer & Sons agraffe

Bonifield/Poulson bonifarm@oro.net
Wed, 14 May 1997 15:15:05 +0000

List Members: I was called out today to service a Schafer & Sons SS-51
grand, circa 1985.  As I walked in the door, the owner informed me that
he had discovered a problem with the piano, which had recently been
retrieved from storage.  He pointed out a broken bichord agraffe on C3.
Silently wishing I had known about this ahead of time, I precede to
extract the stub on the agraffe, which was broken off below the level of
the plate.  To my chagrin I found that the agraffe was not the same size
and possible not the same threading as my replacement parts.  My
micrometer showed the agraffe to be .222 in diameter, and the standard
replacement agraffe measured .224.  Does anyone know where to get
replacement agraffes of the correct size for this piano?  I assume the
piano is a Korean make.  Thanks, Pat Poulson