Duplex noise ratio

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Wed, 14 May 1997 20:57:10 -0500

At 06:10 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hi List,
>>
>>I'm having trouble deciding what to do about front duplex sizzling noise
>
>As tuners we hear many things happening in the pianos that are not heard
>three feet from the piano nor heard by the less sensitive piano user/owner.
>
>It is not our job to creat work for ourselves that is not justified by needs
>of performers or owners.
>
>It IS our job to know about these things and what to do about them when
needful.
Newton,
	My first encounter with "sizzle" was during the post-sound-check touch-up
at a Diana Ross concert. The "noise-boys" heard it, she heard it, the
pianist almost got fired, and over-all it was a terrifying experience.
	I didn't know what to do, just where it was coming from. I put a piece of
duct tape on it, and prayed for the tuner in the next town.
Guy
Guy Nichols, RPT
nicho@lascruces.com
	Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        -- Albert Einstein