Sustain rods

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Fri, 16 May 1997 08:26:17 +0000

> Date:          Fri, 16 May 1997 10:02:57 -0500
> From:          robin fox <foxqx001@gold.tc.umn.edu>
> Subject:       Sustain rods
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

I don't know what kind of piano you are referring to (brand) or
is a in general question.  I run into this with Kawai uprights.
They have two levers connected to the sustain pedal.  One for
the bass dampers and one for the tenor/treble dampers.  You have
to keep the lock nuts tight on them once adjusted.  Check out
Bill Spurlock's articles on upright damper replacement and his
PACE damper articles.

ilvey
Pacifica, CA