Sustain rods

Fri, 16 May 1997 17:05:44 -0700

Robin,

>At 10:02 AM 5/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>A rather common problem around here is upright damper/sustain systems out of
>>whack, the familiar uneven rise of the line of dampers.

There has been a lot of good advice posted on this question, but I find
myself wondering about where "around here" is.

That is, all else being equal, if the lift of the damper levers with the
rod(s) is/are relatively uniform (whether that means bass earlier than
treble, ends first then middle, et cet.).  Then you've had a good deal of
good information.

If, however, the lift is uneven (somehow), is there, perhaps, some climatic
issue?

Just idle Friday evening ramblings...

Have a good weekend.

Horace