Unisons

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Mon, 19 May 1997 09:38:41 -0500

David M. Porritt wrote:

> I have never tried to make anything but as precise a unison as I
> could.  I have also never heard anyone else's unison that was too
> clean.  Where did this idea come from?

Well, one well known example was Brian Wilson on the Beach Boys album
"Pet Sounds" done in (I think) 1966.  Tri-chords were tune with one
string on, one +6 cents and one -6 cents.  These are approximate
variances since it was tuned aurally.

We may or may not agree, but most studio types consider that "THE"
standard for production genius, and George Martin credits this album as
the model for the remaining Beatles albums.

Using revenue generated and copies sold as indicators, it was certainly
successful!

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter