S&S D --BROKEN SOSTENUTO STIRRUP

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Fri, 23 May 1997 09:49:46 -0500

Warren asks,

> 1.  What kind of wire or rod can I use to make a new stirrup?

This is brass.  Perhaps a hobby shop or hardware store may have this
very diameter of rod, you would have to check.  However, if you still
have the old stirrup, it could be cleaned up and used.

> 2.  Is the stirrup press-fitted into the rod or is it braised or
> something?

The stirrup is soldered into two holes that have been drilled into the
side of the sostenuto rod.

> 3.  Where can I get the wire or rod?

See #1, above.

As always, hope this helps.  What were your ideas?

Joel Rappaport
Round Rock, Texas