No subject

Friday, May 23, 1997 6:03 AM

Hi Richard/ Newton,
I have wondered about this as well.  Röslau (from metric Germany)
 comes from the factory marked for the American market labeled in
American sizes, i.e. 16, 161/2, 17, etc.  What I am unsure about is
if
they actually draw American size gages or if they simply mark their
 metric wire to the closest American equivalent.  Anyone know?

I ordered  Röslau gage 16 from APSCO recently and it mic'ed exactly
the same as my metric Röslau gage 16 1/2 which I had imported from
Germany to my shop (at more than twice the cost). I am going to
continue my query with more sizes.
Dave Sanderson
Littleton, MA

BTW:  I don't have the oomlau for above the 'o' in Roslau/Röslau.  I
have
simply used copy/paste from Richard's text.  Do you have an
international
keyboard Richard?