" "

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Fri, 23 May 1997 19:29:27 -0400 (EDT)

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.28636.emout08.mail.aol.com.864430165

Pictured here is a unique jack out of a Drachmann Upright, Circa 1920.  On
the hammer rail there is a decal that says "Staib-Abenschein, Mastertouch."
This has a letoff scew adjustment in the middle, and the escapement is at at
stop rail (reverse of what a "normal action" does).  The top acts as a
backcheck, and adjusted at the hammer butt where there is a screw and button.
In fact, the only wire bending is at the damper spoon! Ingenious as it may
be, it is also rare.  I need about 20 jacks.  Any ideas?

Dave Peake, RPT

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.28636.emout08.mail.aol.com.864430165

Here is a picture of a weird jack out of a Drachmann Upright, Serial #125=
04.
On the hammer rail, the decals read: Trademark Mastertouch, Staib-Abensch=
ein.
=0D
This ingenious idea features an action where the let off scew is in the j=
ack
itself. The catcher is attach to the hammer butt, and there is a scew to
adjust the check distance. The only wire bending is at the damper spoon!
=0D
This action I am working on has around 15 broken jacks.  Do any of you kn=
ow
where I can get replacement parts?  Are there any old actions out there?
Help!
=0D
Thank you,
=0D
Dave Peake, RPT

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.28636.emout08.mail.aol.com.864430165--