Unique Upright Jack

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 27 May 1997 12:36:10 -0400 (EDT)

I am servicing a Drachmann Upright, Circa 1920 that has a very unique jack.
 It contains a letoff screw and button that escapes at a stop rail behind,
reverse of what a "normal" letoff adjustment will do.  The top of the flange
acts as the backcheck, and is adjusted by another screw and button on the
hammer butt.  In fact, the only wire bending is at the damper spoon!

On the hammer rail , there is a decal that says "Staib-Abendschein,
Mastertouch."  Could  be of German make.  I have a graphic picture of it in a
..jpg file that is too large for the listserve.  I am willing to send it
individually to anyone who has an idea where I can obtain replacement parts.
 I need about 20.  Let me know and then you can hang the picture on your shop
wall!

Dave Peake, RPT