CA glue quirk

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 28 May 1997 13:26:10 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Ed --

Thanks for the tip. When using CA alone on wood I've been known to breathe
on it to get it to set up quickly, but I didn't know about this hammer
gluing trick.

Susan

Ed Foote writes:
>     Also,  the CA glues harden when exposed to water!!  Emergency hammer
>gluing ( like on stage, with the audience coming in............) can be
>effected by wicking some thin CA in from the back of the hammer joint, and
>then with a damp thumb, ( the moisture from a quick lick) rubbed across the
>back, the glue hardens almost instantly.  And no,  this is not the result of
>reactivating old hide glue, as this repair works very well on the later
>thermoplastic hammer glues used.
>
>Regards,
>Ed Foote
>Precision Piano Works
>Nashville, Tn

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again."
				 -- F. P. Jones