Recrowning

Thu, 29 May 1997 17:05:34 -0700

Ted,

You wrote:

>Having been around a long time, I have seen several fads come and then lose
>their allure, only to be rediscovered. I hope that this one will be cast
>into limbo forever, where it belongs.

One of the things us long-winded alte Kachers bring to the list is this
kind of memory/experience.  It's not a substitute for a real apprenticeship
or other substantive training, but it does seem to be (along with the
Journal nowdays) at least one place where "younger" people can take
advantage of "greyer" beards.

That's one theory anyway.

Another I like is that in trying to work out meaningful, reasonable
answers, I have to think through how/why I do/do not do a given thing -
gives me a better grasp on what I do and do not know.

Ah, I see it's time to go.

Best.

Horace

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu