SAT query

Vince Mrykalo mrykalov@byugate.byu.edu
Thu, 29 May 1997 20:10:31 -0700

Hi folks!  Having permission to use Vince's
mailbox,  I would like to ask a question.  Pardon me
if this has already been covered, but here's
something that is bugging me (since the last tuning
class given by Dr. Sanderson that I took at the
Intermountain seminar) -
After measuring the A and C numbers ,  the FAC
program  sets up smoothly progressing double
octaves upward,  because it measures the partials
above the fundamental.  Sanderson said that the F
and the A also determines the double octaves
going down, but how does the program determine
the bass stretch by considering only the upward
partials from F3?  Pure interpolation?  If so, how?
respectfully submitted,
Gary Dunn