World Class Junk

Tom Myler TomMyler@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 31 May 1997 08:49:03 -0700

.......> Forgetting about the cracking bass bridge, the dead bass strings,
the
> majority of strings that beat wildly, the hard hammers, etc., -   what
would
> you do with a piano like this? No -  don't answer that, it is too
obvious.
>  What would you do with a SAT to aid in attempting to tune a piano like
this?

> I finally put the SAT away and did a completely aural tuning, and was
> underwhelmed with the results. The customer was delighted.
>
> But really, - what would you do?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Simon

Exactly as you did.   When I'm stuck with a  PSO  (shouldn't that be "POS"
?   Oh never mind)  that simply can not be tuned to where it "sounds best",
I have to settle for what "sounds least horrible".     I think most owners
of such instruments will be happy with whatever tuning we can arrive at,
provided the unisons are clean.

Tom