"continual" bridges

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sat, 31 May 1997 12:42:28 -0400 (EDT)

Ed;
 While I understand Genias response and your response, I fail to see where
there is a difference in what y'all are saying.  There is in fact only one
"bridge" structure on these models under discussion but there is also more
than one "bridge" on each of these structures. A bridge by definition is that
structure which ties one entity to another entity.  Acoustical dowels do not
serve this purpose.  If Acoustical dowels served this purpose then we would
have bridges which did not connect to the sounding board except by dowels
thereby eliminating the damping effect of the bridge base on the sounding
board.  Or so it would seem to me.
The concepts of continuous bridge and multiple bridges within that continuous
structure are not mutually exclusive.
  In any event it works very well on those instruments, Huh?
Jim Bryant (FL)