eval sheet

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:54:09 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

Some of the page formatting information in a Word document is contained in a
"macro" included in the file. You can't see it in the text, but Word
EXECUTES it when the file is loaded. The "CONCEPT" virus is a Word macro
that will infect other .DOC files, and overwrite sectors on your hard disc.
It's a nasty little sucker that you won't know you have until it trashes
something. Get a good virus scan utility and check and disinfect ANYTHING
and EVERYTHING that comes into your system from ANY outside source, before
running or loading it. Hope this cheers you up. 8-)

Ron

At 01:08 PM 10/25/97 -0400, you wrote:

><<  No one has mentioned the fact that
> viruses can be attached to the attachments, particularly vulnerable are
> those of you using word 6 and lower and word perfect 7 and lower, from
> maccoro viruses.  Maccore viruses can be attached to these
> files and I can assure you once you open the file with either word or
> wordperfect, havoc is let loose on your machine.   >>
>
>Barrie:
>
>I thought that viruses have to be executed (double-clicked) and have either
>extension: .exe ,  .bat  or  .com.. (pc format) I have not heard of this
>macro virus-how does it work? Also, if we open mail only from people we know
>the threat of virus attacks is minimized greatly. Also, I almost always scan
>any files I recieve for viruses...There are a ton of good virus protection
>programs that are available and you can update them easily thru the net...
>
>Regards,
>Greg Torres
>Tunapiana@adisfwb.com

 Ron Nossaman