eval sheet

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 13:54:06 -0500 (CDT)

Hi folks,  {begin rant}

My wife is a graphic artist and runs into this problem continually. No
matter what version of what program you own, the Troll that sends you a file
will have a newer version. The newer application will read file formats from
the older application, but not the other way around. Therefor, in the
interest of not being labeled a "Troll", save what you plan to pass on in
the most archaic format your application can generate, ASCII if possible, so
the greatest number of people can read the bloody thing without spending an
hour of their time stripping out the pretty formatting commands with a text
editor when their word processor doesn't recognize the file format. If you
don't understand what I mean here, find yourself a fourteen year old, tell
him what you want, and stay out of his way for a couple of minutes. Watch
what he does so you will know how in case he grows up and moves to another
state before you need to do this again.

{end rant}

Thanks for listening    Ron

At 01:57 PM 10/24/97 -0400, you wrote:

><< 	It's in WordPerfect 6.1.  I have no idea why you aren't able to read
> it.  I'll mail you a copy if you leave your address.
> 	Paul McCloud
> 	San Diego, CA
>  >>

>Paul -
>
>I think that it has something to do with the 3 letter extension. My
>WordPerfect 5.1 won't open it - says it is an *unknown Format*. You might try
>a *.txt* extension, or just simply save it & send as ASCII.
>
>John Elving, RPT
>San Leandro, CA

 Ron Nossaman