remove spinet action

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 17:22:46 -0600

At 01:38 PM 10/25/97 UT, you wrote:

>I may have to remove the action from a Fischer spinet.
>
>However, if I do  have to take the action out, I need some advice on
whether I

>can possibly take keys and action (maybe keyframe, too)  all at once, since
>the sticker wires run through the ends of the keys, and the adjusting nuts
on
>the ends of the stickers are wood.

Rob,
	Boy, taxing my memory cells(both of 'em) to the max, but it seems like
Fischer WAS the brand on a funky little spinet I worked on 17-18 years ago,
where pulling the whole assembly was the technique. Pretty slick, all
things considered. I believe the keybed was dadoed into the sides, etc, and
not very difficult. Just tippy. It was a "modern' sorta case, with lots of
plastic. Damper leakage was more from the keybed/back attachment stuff then
from action brackets. Had the touch from hell, and we beefed-up the damper
springs. Used titebond on the plastic, brushed on, to help reduce
splintering. Nasty little machine, haven't seen it since. Owner was working
on his third or fourth divorce. They bought the thing, as I recall now,
because it fit under the built-in bar.
	Anyway, despite the well-justified negative feedback from the list, if
you've got the same kinda machine, the action removal wasn't that bad once
I fingered it out.

Have fun,

Guy

Monty Python's Knights...."Run Away!"