Ethical Setting of fees

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:58:19 -0600 (CST)

>...Finally, I find charging a higher than average fee keeps me on my toes,
>doing the absolute best that I can.  It is also best for my client in
>that I will be around to service their piano in the future.
>
>Larry Messerly

This is an excellent concept, Larry.

Somehow, if during a job I feel I haven't charged enough, I find my
interest waning during the job.  I kind of find myself begrudging the
situation for whatever reasons.  As a result of this type feelings, I
developed the practive of making a physical record of what to charge the
next time around for the same type job.  This practice does for me exactly
what you mention above.  Keeps me on my toes, and keeps my interest and
attention on the job at hand until the end.

It also keeps me from having to rely on memory, and provides the power of
the printed word.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician