Need RPT, Philly area

George Gilliland lgd@epix.net
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 19:34:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi to all. . .

Very interesting list. Wish I were a RPT sometimes. . .

I am seriously considering the purchase of a Petrof model IV (5'9 grand) in
the Philidelphia area. I am very impressed by what I consider to be a very
clear and lovely tone and pretty nice touch, but have serious trepidations
due to many stories I've heard considering quality issues. I've been
through several unsatisfactory pianos (due to my own foolishness), and
would like this to be the antidote to those experiences.

Anyway, to get to the point, I'd like to pay a technician with at least 10
years experience (preferably a musician as well) to do a very thorough and
honest evaluation of the instrument, including a complete tuning and
testing of pin torque, examination of all action parts, bridge pinning,
hardware, etc. . . the works.

This is a big decision for me, and I also happen to live an hour and a half
from the dealer, so I consider this a must.

If there is someone in the Philly area who's a willing and OBJECTIVE party,
I'd appreciate your help. Feel free to e-mail me for my phone number.

Sincerely,
George Gilliland
lgd@epix.net

Little Garden Design