Providence in the Summer

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 20:32:18 -0400

Hi Everyone!

Not only is it time to be making travel arrangements, but it's also time to
start thinking about what to bring on this trip.

Real quick words about the weather.  It can be plenty hot there, temps well
into the 80's.  Being on the coast means that if that East Wind should ever
come up, those temps can crash into the 60's inside of an hour.  If you
plan to go out on the water at all, bring a windbreaker and a layer of
warmth (a sweatshirt or equivalent at most) -- it can be considerably
cooler out on the water than on land.  On the other hand, the degree of
*coolness* may be dead-center of your comfort zone -- you decide.

Humidity can run the gamut from near-fog thick haze all the way to desert
dry.

Rain is usually not much of a problem there.  Oh, I remember a few good
thunderstorms the summer I was at the Rhode Island School of Design, but
they were not as dramatic as the ones over Kansas City nor as frequent as
over Orlando.

ZR!  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI (originally from Boston)
diskladame@provide.net