detuning

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 09 Apr 1998 10:00:06 -0400

Ds are remarkably uncooperative.  They do what they want, when they want
and become stubern SOBs when you need them to cooperate.

I HATE changing pitch on Ds.  At my former community concert hall I
charged an extra $100.00 to change the pitch from 440 to 442.  I flatly
refused to go above 442.  I had one request for 446 (refused).

Ds wonder all over the place (when you don't want them to) and even with
machine tuning and controlled pitch changes it can take three tunings to
get one stable.

Oh, the fun and games.

	Newton