Viennese action

Stevepnoco Stevepnoco@aol.com
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 20:45:27 EDT

<< I've been servicing an 1860 Bosendorfer that now needs some regulation.
 Does anyone know where I can get a manual or specs on Viennese actions? >>
Hey Carl! (from Steve Cunningham)

Long time, no talk to!  Just bring that 'ol Vienna action across the Potomac
and we'll fix it right up.  Teasing aside, I just returned from a week at
Bosendorfer and a very nice visit with Bosy #4 in the Vienna Musical
Instrument Museum.  The old Journal articles should work ok for general
knowledge.  Felt compression and wear contribute the most to "unregulation".
Mess with it until you make it play!  I'll check with the museum director to
see if he has any specs.  Check with Jim Davis in Alexandria, he does alot
with really old stuff.  I have his number at the store. Give me a buzz @
1-800-726-9109.  FWI, I've been selling new Bosendorfer since last August,
took the Imperial to the Kennedy Center for a couple of concerts.  Wow!  What
a sound!  Talk to you soon.

Best Regards,

Steve Cunningham
The Piano Co.