hard pounding

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 00:19:51 -0500

----------
> From: Clarence Stout <cpstout@KCI.NET>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: hard pounding
> Date: Saturday, April 11, 1998 6:57 PM

Richard, Jim, Bill and List:

After
determining the note is flat, usually be listening softly. strike the key
forcefully
(as in Test blow) while simultaneously  forcefully kludging the tuning
hammer
upward.  The forceful blow definitely helps the string being tuned to move
from
friction 'freezes'.  Now give your test blow and neither you or the
concert artist
can change the pitch!  Try it.  You might like it - Mikie does!

Thanks for the reminder.  The pin when at last set can not be bumped down
and cause a change in tuning.  Or if it can, it ain't set. Then its like
Michael Finnigan, you have to begin again.  Bravo the Ireland Peace.

Richard Moody