SAT offset question

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:50:02 -0700 (MST)

Hi Guy:

If I understand you correctly, you just want to use an existing page of
memory to tune a piano at a different pitch. The simplest thing to do is:

Adjust the cents up however many cents you need, then hold down the SHIFT
button and touch the RST button one time. You will see a plus sign appear
in the left LED window and the right window will return to 0.0 cents. To
reassure yourself that it really made your machine sharper, hold down the
SHIFT button and hold down the RST button, and you will see that same
number which you used for input. This does not change the note to note
settings on that page of memory. It merely raises the pitch whatever
amount you put in the Reset.

I assume that you want to tune new rebuilt pianos at a higher pitch the
first or second times. I would suggest that you tune Grands about 25 cents
sharp the first time, and then perhaps 10 cents thereafter in a shop
situation or in the rebuild factory.

Am I guessing what you want to do?

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS I'm available for any questions you may have. I check my email several
times a day. Or you can call me at (602)966-9159 at 8:00 AM or after 6 PM
I'll give you whatever support you need over the phone. It's a lot
quicker than pouring over the manual. JWC