fini

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 16:39:45 EDT

et al;
 I promise I won't say anything else re: Perfect pitch, and in spite of what
 Phil thinks I have gotten a lot of work done today. :-)
 But if any on the list desires to research the subject further there are some
 sites below on the subject and included within these sites there are enough
 links to keep you busy for many, many days.
Jim Bryant (FL)
---------------------------------
Top 10 of 722,258 matches. View [ titles only ] [ by web site ]

Search Amazon.com for books about perfect pitch.

76% Untitled  more like this...
of behavioral traits in humans and learn more about the mechanisms
through which the environment can influence brain development. In such
populations it is likely that individuals with a given inherited trait
will have inherited the same genetic predisposition; this likelihood
makes it more straightforward to identify the.

76% Re: perfect pitch  more like this...
perfect pitch and hear how it > helps them, if it does.

76% Untitled  more like this...
asks if a person with perfect pitch hears A at 440 or 413 or what?
Therefore, if a person with perfect pitch hears what he or she is told
is an A, then that person will remember what that pitch was and,
eventually, that pitch will become instantaneously recallable on demand,
no matter what its vibratory qualities were at the time the.

75% "Dual" Absolute Pitch  more like this...
From: David Wilson Subject: Perfect pitch I missed most of the Dan Korem
thread, but I just read a post from Kim Plofker about perfect pitch at
various pitch levels. Not being blessed/cursed with the
ability/affliction myself, I can't speak from personal experience, but
I've known several people with perfect pitch who were studying.

75% January 1998: PotSW: the perfect pitch  more like this...
right genes plus early music training, a study.

 Search Tip: Click on "more like this" when you want a list of documents
similar to a document you really like.

74% Re: perfect pitch  more like this...
day: while I sightread easily >and love to do it, I was met with utter
disaster when the conductor asked the >soprano section (of which there
were 5 including myself) to read through a >Bach cantata -- a whole step
lower than was written. Sightreading Bach Cantatas, especially the
running 16ths, is highly challenging.

74% PERFECT PITCH AND SUNDRY SYNDROMES   more like this...
concerning the brain asymmetry observed in musicians with perfect or
absolute pitch* (SF#99), O. Sacks expands the domain of the phenomenon
to include other human talents. Perfect pitch is also common among those
with Williams syndrome, which he defines as: "a -- syndrome which
predisposes to hyperacusis and exceptional.

74% Untitled  more like this...
not perfect pitch is something a person born with or something a person
can only learn. Remembering the travelling-wave theory identifying pitch
determination with distance along the cochlea canal, [Some scientists
think that being able to hear different pitches has to do with the
distance along the partition in the cochlea canal.

74% UCSF Absolute Pitch Survey  more like this...

74% Perfect Pitch  more like this...
(more water) in the bottle with water? Will the pitch be: ___ Higher ___
Lower Fill the empty bottle 3/4 of the way full with water so that it
now has less air that the other bottle.