"Womens Steinway"

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 09:00:13 -0600

Hey Ralph,
How did you know I originally got my M&H 'A', circa 1911 for my wife?    I
do know in talking to people older than myself from Aeolian where I began
that women used to talk in terms like, "I'm going home to play my Mason &
Hamlin" not piano.  Or they would talk like , "I am going home now to
listen to my H.H. Scott high fidelity system.
	Indeed, Ampico used to publish a regular small magazine catering to the
people who could afford their wares and made it seem a real privilege to
have an Ampico, which it really was..
Back then it seems to me that it took more than wealth to make you a
wealthy person, if you know what I mean.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Success is not a goal, rather it is a way of life".