Plastic Elbows

PDtek@aol.com PDtek@aol.com
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:35:05 EST

>I just returned from tuning a spinet which has plastic elbows.  I've been
>replacing elbows one at a time for several years.  The customer decided to
>have them replaced one at a time instead of all at once. There were 2 keys
>down when I arrived and she knew what the problem was.  What she didn't
>know was that the 2 keys were ones that I had put new elbows on in the
>past.  The elbows had split where they click onto the center pin.  These
>were the yellow type of elbows.  Does anyone know if the quality of modern
>day click-on elbows is inferior depending on the manufacturer?  I've never
>had this happen before but I've used mostly the clear plastic as
>replacements. Any ideas?
>
>Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL

Ted;

It's amazing how often people would rather have the extra expense and
continuous hassle of replacing elbows two or three at a time instead of just
having them all replaced at once. Oh well.

I have always used the Vagias snap on elbows (clear colored) available from
Schaff. I have probably installed over a thousand of these and have never had
a call back for a broken one.

Dave Bunch