Tight action centers

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:22:41 -0600 (CST)

>There had been some discussion on tight action centers in the past.  One
>solution that was new and interesting but subject to someone else testing
>it is to remove the action and, in a well-ventilated area, spray the
>centers with an ether spray available from auto dealers.  Besides the
>fellow who suggested it, has anyone else tried it?,,,
>Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL

Yes.  I did not not take kindly to it.   The spray itself is cheap enough
for anyone to try.  I did one flange first, seemed to work great, next day,
same MO as when I started.  Tried another flange with net effect.  It's not
very directional either.  It would spray a lot more than just the flanges.

Caution: Be certain to experiment outdoors.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731