Clean - don't ream!

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 08:28:21 +0100

Bob,
I'd like to add what IMHO is a very important variable:
5) the consistency in the removal of the old tuningpins.
I remove tuningpins with a drill and try to do it as fast as possible.
When you do it fast with a heavy drill and a steady hand, the tuningpin is
only a little warm.
When you do it slow and with a tuninghammer, the tuningpin will be very hot.
You can imagine what different effect this has on the hole.
There will also be a great difference in side movement of the old pin, while
beeing removed.
Michiel van Loon
mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Meppel