Please advise on Wagner/Young Chang

Terry Beckingham Terry_Beckingham@mbnet.mb.ca
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 16:12:26 -0600 (CST)

Tim,

I believe that Young Chang thought the North American market would not
purchase pianos with the name *Young Chang* on them back in the late 70's
when they were introduced over here. I spent some time with a Young Chang
dealer in 1980 who said that was the reason they had the name *Wagner* on
them. They were not a terrific piano back in those days. Back then, when I
was just learning the trade, and was quite naive, I purchased a *Wagner*
G157. I have since regretted that purchase. I paid $6300 new for the G157 in
1980 and I believe the G185 was only about $7300-7500. As a matter of fact
the dealer offered me either one at the same price. I don't know what they
are worth today, but I'd sell mine for three grand if I could find a buyer.
Mine is in almost new condition....no chips or scratches, not badly out of
regulation, etc. BTW mine is also that light walnut.

Hope I have been of some help.

Terry