KIMBALL

ROGERIO OLIVEIRA DA CUNHA rogeriocunha@openlink.com.br
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 20:17:24 -0200

Hello List. Today I went to solve a problem in a piano that it's owner =
said me that it was in trouble. I went there and could detect that few =
notes of the piano was good but a great number of them couldn't to =
function correctly. The owner of the piano told me that she lived four =
years on Texas and that bought the piano in Dallas. When I was =
inspecting the problem I was very surprised because there are no bridle  =
wires. I never saw a vertical piano without bridle straps! I inspected =
the wippens and saw that the holes to support the bridle wires was empty =
and clean. I haven't doubt that the never was a bride wire there. The =
model of the piano is one that the action is under the keyboard and the =
function of the wippens is correct; the function of the key is correct : =
if you press a key it pull the sticker, the sticker moves the wippens =
and when you release the key every parts come to the this place but the =
hammers this is the problem because they go to the strings and don't =
come back to the hammer rail. I think that the better thing to do is to =
install bridle wires and bridle satraps but I would like to read some =
technicians about this problem and I want know if is possible the =
KIMBALL to have made this piano without bridle straps.Rogerio Cunha - =
Rio de janeiro - IC Member of the PTG