What is "Flagpoling?"

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 05:53:50 -0700 (MST)

	Les,

	Thank you for your inquiry about hammer techniques. I'm afraid I
cannot take a lot of credit for technique ideas. I have been talking to a
lot of tuners about the subject and thinking and experimenting on my own.
I have put all that I have learned into a book, entitled DIFFERENT
STROKES, about 120 pages.
	The first part of the book is a series of articles on basic
elements to understand when tackling the process of setting tuning pins
and strings to achieve stability.
	The middle section contains more than Twenty Techniques, some of
them my own suggestions and some from other tuners, including Steve
Fairchild, Paul Brown, Daniel Bowman, Ron Giesbrecht and Randy Potter.
	The final section of the book contains some miscellaneous helps
for tuning but the jewel of the section is a series of articles by Daniel
Bowman, reprinted from the Journal, entitled THE MARSHMALLOW ZONE.
	I can guarantee that any tuner who reads this book will learn some
tips which will help him with the huge problem of setting pins and strings
in a stable manner.
	The book costs $13.95 plus $3.50 for shipping. Canadian
technicians have to add the GST tax of 7 percent.
	If you wish to order a copy, please send a cheque for the above
amount to:
		Ken Burton
		3715 7 Ave NW
		Calgary, AB
		T2N 4J1

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta