Please advise on Wagner/Young Chang

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 03 Jan 1998 10:01:26

>To: pianotech@ptg.org
>From: Roger Jolly <baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca>
>Subject: Re: Please advise on Wagner/Young Chang
>
>Greetings Tim,
>                Young Changs with the Wagner lable have not been very
inspiring here in Canada. Compounded with hotel use, and neglect, I think
your client will be in for some sustantial reconditioning charges.
>  The things to watch out for, gross to bad damper travel and timing,
badly aligned aggraphs, causing buzzes. Trap work squeeks. If the hotel
bought the piano on a low bid basis, (Norm) I would doubt that the dealer
did much in the way of prep. therefore a major reg will be required. Allow
your self $1,000 to $1500 to straighten out all the various maladies.
Charge for a complete tuning, and do one, in the coarse of the appraisal,
this will cover you re loose pins, loose bridge pins ect.  With the
transportation involved, and service to bring up to par, $3000 to $4000
would be a fair price. $8000 to $9000 in prime condition with all work
done, delivery and warranty, plus after delivery tuning is what the average
dealer would get.
>Hope that puts some perspective on the situation
>Roger
Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.
Saskatoon/Regina.