rebuild-redo-renovate-recondition

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sat, 03 Jan 1998 08:30:44 -0600

Ralph:

I think this is fairly common practice amoung techs.  This is certainly
specific and does not lead to misunderstanding (usually).  I think the
need for restoration catagories comes when a piano is re-whatevered for
sale.  The seller - store, technician etc. - uses a word for the work
done that will enhance the marketability.  This is where we get the
"completely rebuilt" for the piano that has been cleaned and the hammers
filed.

dave

--

David M. Porritt, RPT