KIMBALL

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 23:59:31 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Larry Fisher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A recent thread involving a POS PSO KIMBALL,  ooops that was terribly
> opinionated of me, sorry, I meant to say the lowest cost Kimball product
> ever produced that was successfully marketed for the budget minded by
> cutting every cost they could, including the elimination of unneccessary
> parts such as bridle straps and wires .........  the previous decription
> still applies and takes less time,    ............  I suggest you repin the
> hammer flanges of the offending hammers, or look for broken, missing or
> mis-aligned hammer return springs, and take the appropriate measures,

Lar,

I really liked the idea of tipping the piano towards the player to
help correct the sluggish hammer problem. Actually, experience has
proven that tipping it about 90 degrees off the perpendicular will
eliminate just about ALL of the problems.

Les Smith

PS I believe that the literal translation of the term "Schwander" Action
is: "Doesn't work nearly as well as a real hammer spring rail, but is
cheaper to produce, and in our target market who's going to know the
difference, anyway". Something like that. LS