No-Shows in the New Year

Zen Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 22:09:17 -0500

Yep -- first appointment of the New Year and the customer was a no-show.
Now I'm curious -- what do people do about the no-shows?  (Or should I ask,
what Resolutions have some of you made concerning the handling of
no-shows?)

When you face a potentially no-show situation, how long do you wait, hoping
that the customer will return?

Do you charge for the missed appointment?  Your full tuning fee or some
fraction thereof?

Do you make an effort to reschedule or do you wait for the customer to take
the initiative?

If the customer does call wanting to reschedule, do you try to squeeze them
in or do you politely tell them to "take their turn at the end of the line"
and schedule them accordingly?

Today marks the first no-show I've had since striking out on my own after
leaving a full-time job with a dealer, in which the customer didn't call
right away to explain or to apologize.  I've had only 3 other no-shows, all
of which were the results of medical emergencies.

Just curious --
ZR!  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net