No-Shows in the New Year

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 05:24:48 -0700 (MST)

	Zen,

	I seldom charge for a missed appointment and I work them in at the
next available time without killing myself with extra work.
	But, in my mind, the most important thing I do to avoid "no-shows"
is this: At 8:15 am, I phone my appointments for the day. In a cheerful
voice, I say, "I'm just checking." Then I re-confirm the appointments.
Sometimes, I do not get an answer to the telephone.If an appointment
requires extra driving,I will not go unless I can confirm it by phone.
(There are some cases where I know the customer well enough to trust that
they were just in the back yard.)
	Anyway, that's my best solution.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta