rib Crown

Frank Weston waco@ari.net
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 09:00:48 -0500

----------
> From: Ron Nossaman <nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: rib Crown
> Date: Monday, January 05, 1998 9:05 PM

.>
> It's just as well, lacking access to a big plotter, I wasn't coming up
with
> any reasonable way to produce the proper curve anyway. Oh well, it
sounded
> kind of sexy for a minute there.

No need for a plotter.  Many available CAD programs, Autocad LT, for
instance will plot just about any curve or shape you want, and print it as
large as you want one page at a time to most desk top printers.  Alignment
marks are provided on separate pages.  Just carefully stick the pages
together.  Not recommended for Boeing 747 full scale drawings, but
possible.  Not that I think it is worth going to this extent to get a curve
which in actual construction will deviate greatly from theoretical
perfection, assuming anyone knows what theoretical perfection is.

It is always good to keep in mind that concentration on details which are
insignificant to the whole of the problem is largely wasted effort.

Frank Weston