Steinway player query

Garrow Throop garo@shell1.shore.net
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 13:46:19 -0400

Dear PTG:
I recently worked on a Steinway XR ser#225353 - (1924) which had been badly
reconditioned and parts of the playing mechanism which were intrinsic to
the playing of the instrument were left out.  I am not familiar with
players and so haven't any idea how to replace the piece that enables the
soft pedal iron bar to actually move the action.  This piece seems to fit
into place under the action where the little holes are but there is no
other piece to hold it in place and so it is currently floating uselessly
in that space.  Anybody know how to rig it so it works?
Please let me know asap!  Thanks!
Amelia Le Clair
Boston chapter PTG