Refinishing and painted cases

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Wed, 07 Jan 1998 14:21:39 -0700

At 07:59 AM 1/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 08:29 PM 1/6/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>drop technical terms like "crappie shelter", "compost", and "ballast". Point
>>out that, though it's dead, it's very shiny. They like that.
>>Ron
>
>I casually mention that because pianos float,
>this wouldn't even make a good mooring.
>
>I think Newton says the same thing.
>
>Jon Page

"DOA" is the term I use, and absorb the cost of the call. I let the
customer know that they've suffered enough offense, and charching them for
a DOA is just too rude. Salt in the wound, etc. On the other hand, I don't
"haul  away" for free, unless it's a buyer or otherwise good customer. "No,
I don't need the parts, Thank You." is the usual response, followed by the
quote for cartage. If it's full of mouse dirt, there's a disinfecting
service charge, due to hantavirus in the southwest.

Guy