piano for sale

Wed, 07 Jan 1998 21:53:25 -0800

Leslie W Bartlett wrote:

> I am quoting from the Houston Chronicle, Wednesday, Jan 7,1998,
> classified section, area # 1064-Pianos-Organs:
>
>                         Investment piece, One of a kind.
>                         1949 Wurlitzer spinet piano.
>                         Manufacturer assembled most of
>                         this very rare piano in vinyl.
>                         Beautifully renewed in black.
>                         Round reeded legs on piano and
>                         matching bench complement this
>                         prestigious piece. Mint condition.
>                         Appraised at $32K. Sell for $28K.
>                         254-757-2553
>
> Thought someone might want to jump on this one in a
>
> Leslie
> lesbart@juno.com
> "I'm not half the man I used to be, and never was."

What I really want to know is WHO DID THE APPRAISAL? And did they get paid for it? That took either a great deal of gall or
ignorance. Take your pick.

The sad part is that they might well get something like that from somebody. Don't believe me? Look at what some folks have
paid for squares & birdcages. Of course, some of those actually looked good. Unlike the Wurley.

My suggestion, of course, is that they should sell it to the appraiser. For the $32K.

Del