$32,000 Wurlie

Tim Keenan & Rebecca Counts tkeenan@kermode.net
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 13:30:18 -0800

Is it possible that the appraiser was looking at this piano not as a
musical intsrument but as an "objet d'art"?  I haven't seen it, but I
have seen a huge touring exhibit (mounted, I believe, by the Montreal
Museum of Art, but which I saw at the National Gallery in Ottawa) called
"What Modern Was", whose theme was Modern (with a capital M) Design in
all its transmogrifications from Art Deco and Bauhaus through  to the
most egregious excesses of the sixties, and including everything from
streamlined toasters through Shmoo-shaped stoneware to a Studebaker
Avanti. It is possible that someone with 32K to spend on a PSO/POS might
find that its design fit very nicely into their Frank Lloyd Wright
mansion. There are certainly a lot of things around whose monetary value
bears no relationship to their functionality.

Tim Keenan
Noteworthy Piano Service
Terrace, BC