Doors Unlocked

Ray Hopland hoplandr@cadvision.com
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 19:07:56 -0700

List;

        I don't think it matters what the neighbourhood you are going into,
anyplace can be burglurized.  We have a cottage in a remote mountianous area
in which there are only 70 cottages and some have been broken into. (Like
everyone knows everyone and looks out for everyone)

        My biggest fear is that where are you in the line of suspects if the
place is broken into after you have done the job and left.  I will strongly
suggest that the customer have a neighbour let me in and let me out and only
on rare occasions will I do the key under the doormat or the mail box.  I
mean, where does a bugler first look? I  find that with a little
resceduling, 90, no 95% of customers can do somethig to be there when you
are.  Oh, I do have next Fri. PM off!!

        If I am not finished the job and the customer comes to say she (he)
has to leave and all the locks are deadbolts with key only, quite often they
have a garage attached to the house ane I will suggest that I go through the
garage, push the button to open the door, push the button again to close the
door and make sure I am through the door before it closes.

Ray Hopland