Broken ankle

J Patrick Draine newuser@tiac.net
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 12:23:13 -0400

I went cross country skiing with my family last Saturday; after plodding
along. thinking to myself. Heck, this is not much more fun than
snowshoeing, several hotdoggers went flying past me. Hmmm, I thought, now
that looks more like it! So I started to imitate their "snow skating"
technique. It wasn't long before my skis were all twisted up, I flipped on
an icy patch, and felt bad things happening in my left ankle.
After the doctors informed me that I had a fractured ankle, and gave a
temorary cast, they told me to get in bed for the next 10 days, and keep
that leg elevated. Next week I'll either get a big plaster cast for 6 or
more weeks, or, if I'm lucky. a high tech plastic boot for the same period
of time.
What's the list's experience with this scenario? Hopefully I'll be tuning
consoles and spinets next week, but pulling a grand or upright action may
be a bit of a challenge, especially if it's in front of new customers.
I think *I'd* be a bit dubious about any service technician standing at my
door with crutches under his arms, especially if he hadn't worked for me
before.
Ant words of wisdom out there?
Patrick Draine, RPT
(time to get back on the couch, and point my foot at the ceiling)
draine@tiac.net