What do you say? was Re: $32,000 Wurlie

Lwellerrpt Lwellerrpt@aol.com
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:38:30 EST

Wim--
First you decide whether you want to keep these customers or not.  If so, you
accentuate the positive.  "You must feel proud of your new acquisition, don't
you?" and "I hope you'll be happy with your piano for many years".  If they
find out they paid too much, it shouldn't be from you.  If they ask you
specifically, you must tell them the truth as you see it.... but there are
ways of not insulting their intelligence.  Try to stay away from  the woulda',
shoulda', coulda',  stuff.

"You paid high retail".  And if they ask further you say "Since I've been in
the business for a while, I know how to get around that".

I think anybody who pays high retail (or more) for ANYTHING deserves what they
get...

Touchy situation.

Lisa Weller