Appraisal of old Chickering (Reply) (Reply)

FRED W TREMPER f.trempe@morehead-st.edu
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 09:13:46 -0500 (EST)

Dear Phil:

No, I think $700,000 to $800,000 is a fair price.  Remember, it is not
"perfect" and there are repairs to be made.

Fred

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Phil Bondi wrote:

> At 08:00 AM 1/10/98 -0500, FRED W TREMPER wrote:
> >
> >Your problems are over.  Contact the Waco Wacko and have him FAX you his
> >estimate.  Since it is a Chickering grand with an ornate case, it is
> >worth, in spite of a few flaws, at least $700,000 to $800,000.
> >
> ..Fred..don't you think this is a little low?..afterall, Chickering isn't
> really Chickering any more and ornate cases are a thing of the past..it's
> over 100 years old(antique factor)..it's a big piano..*they don't make 'em
> like they use to*..hell..that wacko might put a price tag of 1 mil and up on
> this one!!

Fred W. Tremper, RPT
Morehead State University
Morehead, KY 40351